Saturday, August 26, 2006

Back In The Saddle Again!

Well, it has been 20 days since my last flight as of yesterday. First time back up in such a long time! I felt allright as far as knowing what to do, but for the first circuit or two it just felt wrong. It was alos my first time being exposed to that much rain. I encountered a bit in the past while cruising but never on landing or TO. It was an interesting experience and i hope to do more. Something interesting we noted yesterday and today. There was a decrease in the ambient temperature of roughly 15 degrees C and the power was phenominal! She climed like a rocket, usually we barely scrape the roofs of houses and get ~500 ft/min climb, and struggle to keep her at the Vy of 75mph. Yesterday and today I was struggling to get UBC down to 75-80mph and I was getting ~750 - 1000 ft/min! My instructor assures me it's because of the colder weather but I am positive it has more to do with my Max Performance Hula Dancer. Yep this baby when properly installed will tune that Lyc. O-320 like nobodys buisness! 150 ponies under the hood, she flies, baby she flies! Today was fun too, it was my first time being exposed to forced approaches. While I enjoy doing them, I was rather dissapointed with my performance. This was my first time so I will get better with time, but I still feel like I wasnt where I normally could be today. Oh well weather permitting I will be up again Tuesday & Wednsday having my power pulled out from under me.. File it under "R" for Arriverdercci! Niss

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Force approaches were the worst part of my PPL flight test (2/5, I think). In real life, I'd just point for the closest flat, firm field and land, but in flight training instructors want this huge hula-dance (so to speak) all the way down.