Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Aviate or Aviaint?

If you casted your gaze upon the skys of Barrie today you might have noticed something. You might have noticed a little 140 in the circuit slowly climbing up to 200' above circuit altitude. You might have noticed that little 140 careen through the center line and try to get back on. Or you might have seen UBC slam into Terra Firma. If you were my instructor you saw all of it. He assured me that every student hits a block where they feel like they cant do it, and I know thats true because I have read many accounts from a students perspective. But none the less, to do it is never fun. He also assured me that I still am doing great, I know exactly what I am supposed to do, I know the theory and I have done these before. While I do not yet feel that I am at the end of my rope, and I recognise that today was just a bad day, it is hard to accept. I was proud of my momentum and was hoping today to go at the forced approaches again. Unfortunatly my "finess" demonstrated in my regular circuits wouldn't allow it. I am sure that tomorrow will be much better but this has still dealt a blow to my confidence. After coming in either too high, then too slow, or too low, then too slow, 4 times it really takes it's toll on you and makes you question weather or not you will get this. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. If you are in Barrie tomorrow come say hello, I will either be the guy with a confident grin on his face or the poor bastar picking up pieces of his plane after the struts shoot through the wing. Uniform Bravo Charlie.....Out

No comments: