Thursday, June 07, 2007

Yet another cancelled flight......

My instructor got down from another flight about an hour late so no joy yesterday. This is incredibly frusterating, being between instructors then getting one and missing the first three flights! Damn TC and Damn The CARS, I have half a mind to say F*ck it and just go flying myself.... of course I wont but Jeezus! Oh well whats new and interesting? On Saturday I got to go down to MEC (YAY!) and on the way I saw a panhandler with the greatest sign I ever seen! I asked him if I could take a pic, and he said but aslong as I put some good $ in his cup. I gave him a $5 and took the pic. Read his sign. It was well worth it!
Yesterday when I was waiting around for my instructor I decided to evict some unwanted tennants from the back of my A/C. I found a birds nest in the tail cone and the horizontal stabilizer was coverd in bird crap. Off went the tailcone and got what I could of the nest out till I saw this:
In this pic you will se a nest of (dead) baby birds. The grosest part for me was that it looks like they were still waiting for the mom to bring them food. So now I get to pop off the bottom tailcone too and scoop them out with a coat hanger. The joys and thrills of owning an aircraft. Maybe I can get my partner to do it? I better get it done before it starts to fill the cabin with an unpleasant smell. Not a job I am looking forward to. Imagine, not only am I pissed off that I am not flying but now I know I have to deal with dead rotting baby birds in the back of my plane.
On a bright note I got a motorcycle, oh yea a big chopper with a nice deep rumble and a suicide shift.......actually its a moped and it barely runs yet. For some info on what is required for it to be a moped click here http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/emerging/index.html#motor. I am learning as I go along small engine mechanics, but still need pleanty of help. It looks like even though he completely bastardized the ignition system (Used to come with a 4 point genorator, and replaced it with a magneto from a chainsaw) I managed to clean the contacts reset the timing and get a good spark. My bike is a 1979 Jawa Babetta. This Czechoslovakian beauty set me back $100.00 and what ever it costs to get her running to a good point. So far this is my list of things I need:
-New Carburetor(ordered Delloroto 14/12)
-New Brake Shoes (Need to find 85mm Brake Shoes)
-Twist grip throttle
-Connect Brake Cable and Decompressor Cable
-New Muffler
-I may need to adjust the clutch so it connects at a lower RPM for easier starting.
-Move Gas Tank or replace with nicer or original.
Unfortunatly since the fall of the USSR Jawa parts have been hard to come by and are a little pricy. So Ill just get what I can and force the rest to fit! :D
Ill write more later about the problems I encountered and my solutions. If anyone has any moped advice or anything like that I would love to hear from you!
Adios,
Niss

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A real homeless person is too hungry to be funny.

Niss Feiner said...

He looked decently fed enough, maybe alot of Mac and Cheese? Looks like a flight instructor :D