Sunday, December 10, 2006

New Flying Pants and Lotsa Digging

Yesterday I bought a new pair of flying pants. This may not seem like such a big deal but I have been looking for these forever and have finally found a pair in terrific shape. Basically I wanted the bottom of a flight suit. I wanted the functunality of a flight suit but one would look too hokey, so I just wanted the pockets, clip etc. I was in Angie's Outdoor yesterday where I used to work and Sebastien came up to me and said I needed to see these. (I told him on many occasions that I was looking for these) and I bought them on the spot. They are awesome, they have a clips on the left leg for a map or a paper, as well as a side pocket, on the inside left thigh there is a pocket I keep my leatherman in (I always fly with my Leatherman) There is another zippered pocket on the right side with a notepad holder/viewer, and two pockets at the bottom of the legs. It's also got the standard hand and butt pockets as well as an expander zipper on the legs. They fit amazingly well and are very combfortable. Another neat fact is that they are a wool /polyester blend and are warm/fire resistant. They are extremely functunal and can really help with cockpit management/orginization as well as keeping vital equipment handy (read: survival kit). Today I was out at the airport digging out my airplane. Thats one of the drawbacks of owning an aircraft in the snowbelt I guess. We right between Lake Superior and Lake Ontario, so we get some great big moist air masses coming off the lakes and hits the cold air over our area causing.....yep...you guessed it....a ridiculous amount of snow. Barrie almost seems to have its own climate for that reason. What that basically amounts to is if I want to fly, I need to shovel. And shovel I did. I managed to pull out my plane, put her on the ramp and Mike (My instructor) is going to plow my tie down so there will be little problem in the future. I was supposed to do an Oil change today but I never got around to it. Later this week it will be done. I also gave my instructor Mike his tip/christmas bonus. I got him a Leatherman Kick engraved with his name and a little message. He is doing more and more diverse flying so I figured that a multi tool would be of great use. I really wanted to show my appreciation for everything he has done. He has been really great and given me a hell of a deal for his instruction time. If any of you students out there are reading this, get your instructor a gift or something like that. It's an awesome way to show your appreciation, instructing isn't exactly a glorious proffesion in the aviation world and they get paid SFA for it. Thats about it.....the weather has been crap recently and as it is winter it gets dark early. I'll get a couple of hours of instrumental time during the week @ night but most of my flying will have to be during the weekend. It's pretty depressing to look back on the past month and see that the most exciting part of my flying career recently was my new pants......sigh. Oh well soon the weather will cooperate and I will be up again. I am hoping for my license by my birthday of March 13. Heres hoping.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Niss on your new pants... I hope you enjoy them, and have fun in the air!
Luv Jacks

Truthiness McFact said...

You know I've always been a fan of your legs so congrats on the new pants. I do have a question though, what is a Leatherman again?

Niss Feiner said...

A leatherman is a multitool. It is basically a pair of pliars with a knife or two, screw drivers etc. built into it. Extrememly handy, especially in a plane.

Truthiness McFact said...

Oh thank god. I was picturing a midget dressed up all in leather with assless chaps. Thanks dude.

Anonymous said...

Those pants are fucking gay.